Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So much pain after tonsillectomy?

A week ago yesterday I got my tonsils out. They said everything looked fine and I could go home after about an hour in the recovery room. The first two days I was really well compared to what I thought it would be like those days. Then on the third day I was in a lot of pain. It got better on the fourth and the fifth. Then the night before last I got a really really bad ear ache in both of my ears after eating dinner. I took the prescription pain killer (Tylenol with codine that I had stopped taking maybe after the fourth day) and was fine. Then yesterday I woke up with a horrible ear ache and took plain extra strength Tylenol for that. Then after I ate dinner yesterday I got a really really bad earache that didn't go away for a few hours until I took more medicine. Then last night I went to bed around midnight and woke up at one am and was in excruciating pain in my right ear with pain (although minimal) in my left ear. I started to cry and in about half an hour the pain started to die down and I went back to sleep. At four in the morning I woke up again and was in so much pain, I hoped the pain would die down like it did earlier in the night but it didn't so I took more of the perscription, but it felt like it did nothing. Then I woke up this morning at nine and was in a lot of pain again. I quickly surfed the internet for things I could do to numb the pain. I'm now icing my right ear and its working a little, I am not in as much pain as I was when I woke up but its not so little I could just forget about it. Please help, I'm only twelve going to be thirteen soon and I don't want to be in pain on my thirteenth birthday. Also, I'm starting summer camp for musical theater next week and I have to sing and dance and act, but it hurts to talk how am I going to be able to sing? Everyone says I should be talking fine because it has been more than a week but it hurts like hell! I don't know what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment