Thursday, July 21, 2011

Car wont start!!! scytek rs2000 car alarm problem?

I have a 86 caprice with a scytek rs2000 alarm installed (lcd pic car transmitter)...so today i was showing my dad the car, remote started it and remote shut it down..closed the doors and locked her up. Later on i go to move the car and the remote doesnt work.It doesnt show the arm/disarm, it doesnt do anything (like if its not programmed). So i open the door with my keys and my alarm doesnt go off. I try to turn the car on and nothing. Absolutely nothing. Like if the killswitch is on. So i open up the hood to check to see if my battery and battery connections are fine, everything is ok. Thought maybe the battery was dead or something so i took it to be checked and it was fine. Alarm didnt go off or nothing when I connected the battery back up. Lights in the car work but electric doors do not. Tried to maybe reprogram the remote and the car didnt chirp back or nothing. Not sure whats going on. I just bought the car a couple weeks ago and everything was fine. Theres a button underneath the hood that i believe is the Valet or override or whatever switch but cant get nothing going. I need some help!!!! One more thing, when i was showing my dad the car, i had the engine running with the keys in the ignition. We were checking out the motor and he pressed "the button" a couple times. Dont know if that may have did something. After that is when i shut the hood, turned the car off, then remote started, remote shut down and locked her up. Any ideas, advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment